Thursday, October 23, 2008

Wedding Coordinators

I'm not one to downplay the role of a wedding coordinator in helping brides plan a wedding (some can actually save a bride money and earn their pay). But I do think that brides need to be discriminating when it comes to shelling out cash for a wedding coordinator or planner.

For example, a bride might begin by asking some of these questions:
* Is my wedding small enough that I can plan most of the details myself (or with some help from family and friends)?
* How much will a wedding coordinator charge to do some of the larger elements of the wedding?
* Can I do the wedding with the help of the pastor or church musicians?
* Would a wedding planner help me with the reception only?
* How much would a planner save me? Cost me?

Sitting down with pad and paper early can be one of the best ways for brides to budget for this additional help.

No comments: