Thursday, February 6, 2014

Airport Answers

Welcome to Debt Free Wedding . . . the blog written by a father-of-the bride and author of Before You Say "I Do" and Your Beautiful Wedding on Any Budget.  Visit often for more money-saving ideas.


Recently a friend invited me to a wedding in the airport.  Now, this was a new venue to me.  Sure, I considered the airport for my flying needs, but for a wedding? 

What I learned, however, is that most airports do have large meeting rooms.  Most of the time these rooms are used for corporate gatherings, but can also be rented out for other occasions.  Including weddings.

What this bride and groom loved about an airport wedding was the convenience of it.  Evidently, their idea was the get married, host the reception (in the same room), and then, afterwards, catch the first flight out to some tropical destination for the honeymoon.  All in all, not a bad set of ideas. 

I'm not sure about the cost of an airport wedding (as far as rental goes) but I can see the benefits in terms of parking (always available in the large garages), food, practicality, and timing.  For couples who are pressed for time, an airport wedding offers ceremony, reception and travel in a one-stop atmosphere.

I'd love to hear more from other couples who took advantage of this option.  Anyone else out there ever participated in, or attended, an airport wedding?

~Todd Outcalt

No comments: